Academic Year 2019 – 2020
Saturday & After School Program College Student Instructor Opportunities
Job Descriptions @ CollegeJobs.techcore2.org
Apply Online @ Recruitment.TechCORE2.org
- Coding & Engineering Instructors for Youth STEM Programs (up to 10 positions; Saturday & Afterschool in University City, Overbrook/West Philly and Mt. Airy)
- Computer Technician / Network Technician / Web Developer Intern (up to 2 positions)
- Saturday Leadership Program by 100 Black Men of Philadelphia (Math, Reading, Writing and Critical Thinking Emphasis) (4 positions; every other Saturday 10 am – 2 pm)
- PHEAA Student applications must be submitted on or before the applicable deadline date: (http://www.pheaa.org/funding-opportunities/work-study-employment/index.shtml)
- PHEAA Spring / Fall Interns can work up to 20 hours a week, while summer Interns can work up to 40 Hours Per Week
- CHECK PHEAA Website for Application Due Dates
- STEM Coding Instructors work Part-Time on Saturdays & Afterschool and are paid via stipend
- After School Programs Start @ $15/hour
- 1st Year Coding Instructor $12.00 / hour (Saturday 4.5 – 6 hours Stipend)
- 2nd Year Coding Instructor $13.00 / hour (Saturday 4.5 – 6 hours Stipend)
- 3rd Year Coding Instructor $14.00 / hour (Saturday 4.5 – 6 hours Stipend)
- 4th Year Coding Instructor $15 / hour (Saturday 4.5 hours Stipend)
- PHEAA Work Study (30+ Hours) Monday – Saturday / Office & Client Sites
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited PA (2) Year Associate or (4) Year College degree seeking program.
- [For PHEAA Work Study] Students must be eligible under PHEAA Guidelines and enrolled in their program.
- Dress Code: Students must dress in business casual attire. Sneakers and visible tattoos are prohibited.
- Educational Requirements: Minimum GPA: 2.75
- Participation in a Professional Society or Membership Organization is preferred.
- College Students will gain real world experience in providing technical instruction to young people and adults.
- All positions require use of Google Apps for Business and other cloud application tools.
- Each position will also have specific software and/or equipment that will be used.
About TechCORE2 Nonprofit Corporation
TechCORE2 (Computers + Opportunities + Resources = Employment x Entrepreneurship) MISSION | To Develop a Technology Pipeline Program for Urban Youth from Kindergarten-to-College-to-Career Entry! – TechCORE2 (5) YEAR CELEBRATION VIDEO!!! (2015 to 2019): https://youtu.be/VdmGtaZ3uuc – Why TechCORE2 Promo Video, May 25, 2015: https://youtu.be/rUdDTfxztJw GOAL | To Create a Viable, Flexible and Sustainable Technology Training and Certification Pipeline from Philadelphia Youth and Young Adults in a Cost Effective Way by Leveraging the JCWCC Professional Network, Team Building, Online Learning Tools, Industry Affiliations and Practical Work Experience in a Start-Up Tech Centric Environment